During ‘World Antimicrobial Awareness Week’ Mast unite to preserve antimicrobials by continuing to support Antibiotic stewardship, in providing and continually updating its range of in vitro diagnostic (IVD) Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) products to reduce time to appropriate treatment decision and allow for a more targeted use of therapy against infection.
Due to misuse and overuse of antibiotics, antibiotic resistance has quickly disseminated and is considered a major threat to healthcare worldwide. Bacteria are now developing an abundance of mechanisms that allow them to confer resistance to antibiotics, resulting in the development of untreatable super-bugs which are often associated with high mortality rates.
Antibiotic Resistance Detection Experts
- MAST ISOPLEX® CRE-ART is a loop mediated isothermal amplification kit (LAMP) for the detection of the 7 most common carbapenemase families from bacterial cultures: OXA-48, OXA-23, OXA-24/40, KPC, VIM, NDM and IMP.
- Results in 45 minutes
- Reliable and easy to use
- Detects most prevalent targets
- Sensitive and Specific LAMP technology
- MAST® CARBA PAcE is a colorimetric test which rapidly detects carbapenemase producing Pseudomonas spp., Acinetobacter spp. and Enterobacterales:
- Rapid results in less than 10 minutes
- Simple test process in 5 easy steps
- Cost effective screening solution
- High sensitivity and specificity
- MASTDISCS® Combi - Combination disc technology for confirmation and differentiation of ß-lactamase mediated resistant enzymes including AmpC, ESBL, MBL, KPC and OXA-48 like carbapenemases in Enterobacterales
- Ideal for confirmatory testing
- Free results calculator provided for most sets
- 4 week stability in MAST® DISCMASTER DISPENSER
- Supports Antibiotic Stewardship
If you would like any further information please use the 'Contact Us' button at the foot of this page.