Mast Group Ltd. are looking to recruit Scientists to join the AST Pharma, Uri / Media and the QC teams.
- Where: UK
- Closing Date Open
- How to apply Applications in writing, together with full CV to Alexandra D’Ambrogio at email@example.com
Mast Group Ltd. is a leading international manufacturer and supplier of medical diagnostics products for the diagnosis of infectious disease. Our products are used throughout the UK and worldwide. The job holder will an integral part of the team, ensuring development, evaluation and registration of products for diagnostic microbiology.
We require a scientist to work alongside other experienced member of the team within a multi-disciplined environment.
- Responsible for carrying out existing and new product development activities as agreed under the general supervision of the line manager. All activities are to be conducted to the agreed scientific and regulatory standard or directives e.g. European IVDD and IVDR of the department and promptly reporting deviations from stated targets of performance.
- Responsible, with minimum supervision, for conducting reviews of literature related to investigations being undertaken, conducting and, where necessary, enhancing experimental design, carrying out research studies, analysis of experimental data, reporting of studies in the form of a written report as per laboratory standards and ensuring raw materials are available as required for investigative studies,
- Responsible for performing scientific and documentary activities related to regulatory requirements e.g. European IVDD and IVDR, to the agreed scientific and regulatory standards and promptly reporting deviations.
- Responsible for the collation of reference information relevant to all investigations and for the correct maintenance and updating of technical records in appropriate project files for allocated projects.
- To participate in laboratory project meetings where technical matters affecting current projects and present results are discussed and to provide assistance to senior staff in technical training for Sales and Marketing and laboratory personnel.
- To provide cover for the team, as agreed between the Quality Control and R&D Managers when necessary.
- Prepare and present written reports and documents as directed, including the preparation and updating of Standard Operating Procedures, technical dossiers demonstrating product compliance with regulatory standards or directives, reports and documents for company policy and other meetings. Such reports should usually be presented in an appropriate electronic format (e.g. Microsoft Word).
- Qualified in an appropriate science discipline
- Previous laboratory work experience
- Software experience and database management
- Ability to use various computer and other MS packages
- Proven ability to work to deadlines
- Attention to detail is a must
- Experience of using various laboratory equipment
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Willingness to undertake training to improve skills
In addition to the specified duties the employee is expected to perform additional tasks when reasonably called upon to do so.