Principal R&D Scientist (AST/Pharma)
- Where: UK
- Closing Date Open
- How to apply Please apply in writing to email@example.com
Principal R&D Scientist (AST/Pharma)
Mast Group Ltd. are looking to recruit a Principal R&D Scientist (AST/Pharma) to join the team based short term in Bootle, long term at our Deeside site. This person will be a motivated self-starter who has previous experience of working with the wider commercial team, and multidisciplinary teams of engineers and scientists to secure, manage and deliver important company objectives and customer projects. Mast Group Ltd. is a leading international manufacturer and supplier of medical diagnostics products for the diagnosis of infectious disease. Our products are used throughout the UK and worldwide. The job holder will an integral part of the team, ensuring our processes and procedures are adhered to in all they do.
THE ROLE PURPOSE
To use specialised technical knowledge and skills to implement company research strategies; to establish and lead the development of products and services; to lead, mentor and develop a team of technicians and scientists; to utilise scientific networks to identify and establish collaborative opportunities with academic and industry experts; to advise on specific product areas to support improvement of existing products and to take overall responsibility for the delivery of technical work packages within the area of responsibility.
SUMMARY OF MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- To identify and evaluate new areas of research, emerging technologies and potential areas for development to expand the company’s product and service portfolio.
- Lead, support and review complex technical projects that meet the strategic and commercial company objectives and make recommendations to senior management on their implementation within Mast Group Ltd.
- Act as a champion and build your professional profile as a key opinion leader in microbiology
- Identifying, risk assessing and solving technical issues and acting as an interface between departments.
- Contribute to wider company business and regulatory strategies
- To develop and maintain a work environment in which scientific challenge and innovation are maximized.
- Co-ordinate the writing of patents and conference presentations/ publications.
- Represent Mast Group Ltd. to potential collaborators and partners and maintain and expand a network of key opinion leaders, external collaborators, CROs and commercial partners in areas of company interest and connect them with project teams.
- To work closely with internal functional teams and external collaborators to ensure projects are planned effectively, project goals are met, projects are successfully delivered, and project activities are documented to agreed scientific, quality and regulatory standards or directives appropriate to the work of the department e.g. European IVD Medical Devices Regulation.
- To drive innovation and technical excellence through internal scientific development and team mentoring, and externally through attendance at conferences and establishment of collaborations with experts and Key Opinion Leaders in the field.
- Contribute towards regulatory filings and support QA and regulatory functions.
- PhD in Microbiology or closely related Biological Science with significant and relevant post degree experience in microbiology in the industry or the equivalent experience in the relevant field.
- Strong technology and market understanding to provide recommendations to the senior management.
- Proven experience of building, managing and leading a team for success is essential.
- Build essential working relationships with internal departments and with key contacts externally.
- Understanding of IVD regulatory requirements and filing landscape
- Excellent collaborative and communication skills.
- Knowledge of clinical microbiology and relevant detection processes and methods within NHS would be beneficial.
In addition to the specified duties the Principal Research & Development Scientist is expected to perform additional tasks that the company may require.